Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ghost in the machine

So.I write poetry and also song lyrics and I've heard of people recording their work on soundcloud . Pretty cool, such technology, at the touch of our fingertips..As I said...my kindlefire has no microphone So...That rules that out ...so I go "old school "On e bay I bid on a Sanzio(new in box) Tape recorder (What the? )yeah...Well....better than nothing (Says you, you say). Don't ask me why I have an English accent, but was born in America ...to this day, I still get the comment So...How long have you lived in America? ... my reply :All my life ..... English parents .. The Queen Mary .....1965 ..... So...I speak into this old school device and hear my kind of low, slow motion voice Ip Kind of distant and far away ....as if I'm a ghost already ...Ah .....Ghosts EVP's. Electronic Voice Phenomena...Oh ....I know, you're sick of that phrase. Every Scooby doo fan, Mystery machine kid, Ghostbusters Inc...understands. You take your gadget out and start asking questions.... Hello...It's Andrew ....Are you dead? ...... How does it feel? ... Is Micheal Jackson back Did he get his nose back? Sometimes you might hear a faint garbled noise ...hiss......cuckoo cukachoo.... Imagine you start hearing the last owners of your house complaining about the wallpaper you picked out ....Oy,vay It is burning my eyes, dearie Oh...you should go on a diet ...just saying ..... Oh,,that Downtown Abbey, change the channel .... Quite funny, but not if it's Ted bundy, your sisters cute...yikes Personally, I haven't tried it yet I imagine I will play back one if my recorded poems Eww That's grody ...... The ghost in the machine

No comments:

Post a Comment